Shashi Kapoor, the veteran Bollywood actor left us on December 4th at the age of 79 leaving behind his everlasting legacy. Every one of us who loves Bollywood would remember him for his evergreen dialogue “Mere Pass Maa Hain” from the iconic movie ‘Deewar’ with Amitabh Bachchan.
Here are few facts about the veteran actor’s life:
1. Shashi Kapoor was born on 18th March 1938. His father was the famous, Prithviraj Kapoor and mother was Ramsharanee Kapoor. He left behind three children- Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor, and Sanjana Kapoor.
2. His childhood name was Balveer Raj Kapoor. He had shown his interest in acting since he was in school.
3. His acting career started at the age of 4 at his father’s theatre named “Prithvi Theater”. In the drama named ‘Shakuntala’, he played a child artist role.
4. He married Jeniffer Kendal at the age of 20. He met Jeniffer during his world tour with ‘Prithvi Theatre’ who was working at her Dad’s theatre. She was 3 years older than Shashi Kapoor.
5. Shashi Kapoor made his debut as a hero in 1961 film ‘Dharmputra’. In his entire Bollywood career, he acted in 116 Hindi films-among them, 61 solo lead and 21 supporting roles.
6. He worked with few of India’s finest director like Shyam Benegal, Aparna Sen, Govind Nihalani and gave few iconic movie named Junoon, Kalyug, 36 Chowringhee Lane, Utsav etc.
7. Shashi Kapoor was the first Indian actor who acted in British Films as well as American films. Few of his works are – Householder, Bombay Talkies, Heat and Dust.
8. For his contributions to the Indian Cinema, he was awarded Dada Saheb Phalke Award, India’s highest award in cinema.
9. He was a director too. For the film, Junoon, he got National Award as director. His acting was awarded by a National Award for his tremendous performance in ‘New Delhi Times’. In 2011, he was awarded Padmabhushan, the third highest civilian award.
10. For ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’ movie, he received the ‘Best Actor’ award.
11. in 1998, he acted in the movie ‘Jenna’ which was the last film he acted.
Dear, Shashi Ji, you may have left us. But, we want to tell you that with songs like ‘Keh Du Tumhe’, ‘Pardesion Se Na Nazre’ and ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’, you will never be forgotten.
Check How Your Favourite Bollywood Stars Celebrated Christmas
Bollywood celebrities have extended their wishes and some of them have shared their joyous moments on social media in Christmas eve.
1. Preity Zinta
2. Esha Gupta
3. Karan Johar
4. Deepika Padukone
5. Ranveer Singh
6. Varun Dhawan
7. Salman Khan
8. Twinkle Khanna
9. Alia Bhatt
10. Dia Mirza
11. Shilpa Shetty Kundra
12. Ali Fazal
☣️🥞🎅🏾💃🏽🧦🎄☃️⛄️ Arey dekho Jingle bells jingle bells jingal All the wayyzzz.. oh wat a fun it is to ride….. ( no animals were hurt ) MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE TEAM OF #FukreyReturns pic.twitter.com/rq94b95YEM
— Ali Fazal M (@alifazal9) December 25, 2017
Lifestyle12 months ago
Do You Know These 6 Routine Habits Are Bad For Men’s Private Part
National9 months ago
Do You Know: Can Traffic Police Snatch Your Keys From Your Vehicle While Checking ?
Automobiles10 months ago
Top 10 Most Anticipated Supercars Of 2018
Health11 months ago
Kundalini Yoga : The Process Of Kundalini Awakening
Diet6 months ago
How To Eat Oats And Lose Weight Quickly
Travel12 months ago
This Will Motivate You to Travel
Beauty7 months ago
How To Remove Holi Colors?- 30 Best Ways For You
Cricket11 months ago
Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar : The Man Of Records